The Librariá occitana (Occitan bookshop) first opened in Limoges in 1984. It has been run by the Institute for Occitan Studies in Limousin (Institut d’Estudis Occitans dau Lemosin) since 2000.
A place where to find
- Books : novels, books about history, ethnology, music, cooking, children’s books, books to learn the language… in Occitan, in French or bilingual ;
- CDs : from the troubadours’ to nowadays’music, either traditional or rock, electro, ska music… ;
- Films, clothes, plenty of gadgets (stickers, key-rings, flags,…) and Occitan-labelled products (for example Cerva d’Òc, beer made in Occitania).
An information center
The Librariá occitana is a place where to find information about and the beginning of an immersion in the Occitan language and culture thanks to all sorts of events such as exhibitions, evenings, book-signings. You are welcome !
To find us
- Tuesday : 15h-19h
- Wednesday : 10h-13h | 15h-19h
- Thursday : 15h-19h
- Friday : 10h-13h | 15h-19h
- Saturday : 10h-13h | 15h-18h
→ Contact us
The online shop
Selling all over the world. Try it !
The Librariá occitana is a member of
- The Association of craftsmen and shopkeepers in Haute-Vienne street ;
- The Independent bookshops in Nouvelle-Aquitaine association.
The Librariá occitana is « point libraire ». You want to buy a book on-line ? Buy it on lalibrairie.com and come to fetch it at the Librariá occitana !